Saturday 9 July 2011

Puesic

Saturated with creativity.
I wanted a pause button to appear in mid air so I could call everyone who I know is a connoisseur of beauty and get them to sit next to me as I experienced it. I can compare it to a great movie that is so good that instead of concentrating on the movie, I was thinking more of the people I wanted to share the moment with, wondering why they were not there.
I wanted it to end so I can tell everyone how awesome it was but I wanted to stop wishing and concentrate because I would think in those few milliseconds that I was missing out. A friend I was with commented and said that she found herself lost in the performance, almost unaware of herself. She tried to concentrate on the poetry without the music and vice versa hoping to miss nothing but it was all so overwhelmingly heavenly that her senses could only handle one at a time. The music was well woven into the experience such that the final outcome was what appeared to be planned spontaneity. A perfect balance, a fitting partnership. 

Performance is truly the climax of poetry. When words, emotion and the artist are united. It allows the audience of any performance to be part of the magic that was the birth of the poem, it's creation and it's orgin.  As beautiful as the aurora on the north pole. Symbolic of an instantaneous unforgettable meeting of multiple elements all beautiful on their own but coming together to form perfection. Perfect because it just is. It's existence being everything. Punctuated by the fact that it did not happen just a moment before. For the stars would not shine if it were not for the darkness.

The artist Ngwatilo mawiyoo
The performance puesic (fusion of poetry and music)
She is well praised, she is worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Amen to that! Can't wait for the next show!

    ReplyDelete

Post Categories

awesome (22) funny (22) life (21) humour (20) eye opening (19) happiness (16) cool (14) men (13) love (12) girls (7) decisions (5) future (5) relationships (4) nairobi (3) kids (2) Review (1) business (1) politics (1) storymoja (1) world peace (1)