Thursday 7 July 2011

Free spirit, i am



I have been accused of possible insanity. What? (breathless) I have no words, from where come these completely baseless accusations? I deny all charges and accounts of such. (whispers, they may have a point). It is not madness to be good looking, what spoilt it for me is the fact that I happen to be aware of this fact.

I often say I'm awesome. I am. With no limits. Though I state such truths,( haha, I can’t believe myself sometimes) I cannot do so without acknowledging the people in my life who are awesome in ways that evolve and multiply every day. After all, birds of a feather do stick together.

I have the kindest and best friends ever. I am moved on several occasions by their generosity. Life is beautiful, my friends, infinitely so. I have witnessed such goodness, such selflessness and happiness that I often think, I can die now, I’m not sure they can top that then they do. Some I speak to regularly, but with others, we go through periods of time before we speak again. I could list these unique and extraordinary people but I could be here all day and I have things to do (of dubious importance).

I have a family that is more supportive than the foundation of the tallest building ever. I have brothers who give new meaning to the word brotherhood. Their understanding and generosity is unfathomable. I have uncles and aunts gifted with great humour and wisdom. I have cousins who I love in more ways than I can articulate in a three page essay. Plus I have the best parents, without my father and his constant attention to my expression in the English language, I would be nowhere. I would speak about my mother but since I will not be able to say enough I limit myself to saying that though I am well versed with vocabulary, I have not yet found a way to sufficiently encompass her greatness, her generosity and understanding in a way worthy of her.

One more thing that definitely assures me of reeking pure awesomeness (apart from the startling good looks) is the fact that I am just like everybody else. I know, shock eh? You should have seen me upon this discovery. I was born and will die just like every individual human who has ever and who will ever exist. That is a rather unifying thought. Therefore, everyone is as awesome as me. Some just have not seen it yet and I hope they do. The way I see it, life is too beautiful not to take the time to enjoy it, despite the challenges and difficulties.

I am simply a free spirit. I love life, people and have some rather exhilarating experiences. I am brave and strong. I indulge in different experiences and participate in opportune situations such that I am a sum of my past in my present though that limits not my future or my goals. I am assured of being awesome on a daily basis because as I look around and see the greatness in the people in my life, people I meet, I am reminded that I am not alone. Though I am that awesome, I am human. smiles.

2 comments:

  1. Conceited with a hint of soppy. lol. Good expression though. Now where are the ones about other things? I don't want to mentally throw in "no homo" after every sentence I read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes,you do have a way with words:-)

    ReplyDelete

Post Categories

awesome (22) funny (22) life (21) humour (20) eye opening (19) happiness (16) cool (14) men (13) love (12) girls (7) decisions (5) future (5) relationships (4) nairobi (3) kids (2) Review (1) business (1) politics (1) storymoja (1) world peace (1)