Friday 27 April 2012

Break ups

Curse the damn things! If only a pharmaceutical could engineer a pill to help with these situations and call it something like hurtless (see what I did there, clever eh) or something. Then what a wonderful rainbow filled world this would be, right.


I have never been a believer in the therapeutic value of the beer bottle so this is clearly out for me. I have always believed that if I do not attach something positive to life's disappointments then I would end up constantly losing ground because life, she's not always kind. Hence my resolution to work away my hurt in the gym. I can only say, I have seen my fair share of hurt :-).


I often wonder how other people's break ups go. Are they like mine? Do they hurt the same or more? I have seen people react in all sorts of ways to break ups. I have seen those who end up in tears as if they are competing with clouds to those who hold it all in and try to act unaffected. What is the proper reaction anyway?


When I was younger, I always used to think that I could have done better and all. I had little experience then so I looked for every opportunity to learn more. I figured the more I knew, the better placed I would be with regard to my understanding of relationships and my handling of situations. I'm so glad I took the time to learn because sweet lord I know stuff now, so much so that I remain rather unmoved sometimes. I see things coming before they know I have seen them and I prepare for them in the way that suits me best. Selfish sounding, I know, but in all honesty isn't everyone in a relationship in it for themselves?


In all my adventures and with my experience (more quality than quantity), I learnt that in order to be happy in a relationship, one just needs to be aware of what they want, what makes them happy (discovery mostly takes place via trial and error) then they need the strength of character to keep their word. There is also something to be said about communication. It's not so much about the talking but more about the understanding that takes place. Without this, everything crumbles. Remember people, it really never ever is that serious.

Have a good one people

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Categories

awesome (22) funny (22) life (21) humour (20) eye opening (19) happiness (16) cool (14) men (13) love (12) girls (7) decisions (5) future (5) relationships (4) nairobi (3) kids (2) Review (1) business (1) politics (1) storymoja (1) world peace (1)